Monday, October 28, 2019

$150 more needed to end fundraising; Investor needed for BistroBrat

The emergency fundraiser for Troubadour 1710 and Liberty & Justice 1640 continues through October 31st. In addition to running my two radio stations, and maintaining full time outside work in the gig economy to support them and myself, I am also in the process of starting my own local multi-restaurant delivery service called BistroBrat.com.

Due to the inconsistencies in low gig economy income, miscommunications involving the delivery business startup, and equipment breakdowns and other frustrations involved with the stations, I can no longer afford to fund them at all, let alone 100 percent. That is why I am having this emergency fundraiser through the end of the month.

I am pleased to announce that we have, as of this writing, raised over 70 percent of our goal of $500. But we still have a ways to go to cover all our necessary equipment costs. Thanks to your generosity, a new router has been obtained and it networks flawlessly. Also the remaining hardware needed to upgrade the Liberty & Justice automation desktop should be arriving this week. However, the Vista era laptop which I use to do production, record voice announcements, and rip or download music and video clips is still causing major frustrations. In fact, while I was writing this message, it had a blue screen crash. I lost all my work and had to start over. It also hasn't maintained a dependable internet connection through wireless for years. There are two options I have for replacing it, one of which will cost over $200, similar to the upgrade of the L&J desktop.

Fortunately, the return shipping from Greece for the three broken transmitters that had provided our Worcester signals cost considerably less than expected. They have been repaired and are on their way back to the States. However, we will need outdoor housing for all three boards that is truly waterproof, which will cost around $60 for all three. So we have about $300 in remaining expenses. Right now, the reserve fund from your donations is around $170. That means we need to raise another $130-$150 by the 31st. 

Your assistance in helping us raise this additional amount would be much appreciated. It will also result in reaching the $500 overall goal. Please visit t1700.net/advertise.html and assist us in any way you can. Keep these unique, courageous, and culturally sound stations on the air. Our programming concerns things that really matter and culture that truly fulfills, unlike controlled mainstream radio.

Also, it has become increasingly apparent over the past few days that if I continue attempting to keep my financial head above water through the gig economy while running the two stations, the delivery service is never going to get off the ground and things will continue to deteriorate financially for me. I am now looking for an investor to assist with my living and other modest expenses for the next few months, as well as some labor and publicity costs necessary for the startup. I absolutely need to devote full time to launching BistroBrat while maintaining the stations after hours. That's enough responsibility for one person! If you are someone who helps startup enterprises get off the ground, or know of someone who does, please put me in touch with them. The email address is founder@bistrobrat.com. Voice/text is 508-202-8697.  

No comments:

Post a Comment