Saturday, October 19, 2019

When it rains, it pours...

It took a while to diagnose definitively, but yet another piece of equipment involved in the operation of the stations has failed, namely my wireless router. I explored the possibility of repairing it myself (perhaps it had bulging capacitors?), but repair involved a tool that even I didn't have, plus the internet LED indicator no longer lights. It cost the same money and far less time to buy an "open box" model on eBay. Thanks to your donations, I obtained one for under $25 and it will be here in the middle of the week.

My ISP provided me with a modem that has built in WiFi. But every time I turn on the wireless in that device, I get low grade headaches and jittery. That hasn't happened with any name-brand, stand alone wireless router I have ever had. So I need to use a separate unit.

The absence of a working wireless router makes the logistics of operating Liberty & Justice 1640 very frustrating. Since I am already overwhelmed with so much, Liberty & Justice will be taken off the air late Saturday night and not return until probably Wednesday 10/23 when the new router is expected to arrive.

Although fundraising started out very slow this past week, I am pleased to announce that a listener living within range of the radio signals made a very generous donation, and now we are more than halfway to the goal of $500. ($330 so far, to be exact). I want to thank those who have contributed to this unique broadcasting effort and I hope I can soon with a personal email.

In my next message, I will be listing the equipment needed that the (hopefully) $500 will be budgeted toward, including the upgrade or replacement of two Windows Vista era computers, which at times cause a great deal of frustration and wasted time. (One of them is running the L&J automation.)

Once again, the deadline to reach the $500 goal is October 31st. If you have enjoyed or benefited from the programming of either or both stations, and you can afford any size of donation, I would be honored by it. My hope is that when BistroBrat, my local multi-restaurant delivery service, is finally established, I will once again be able to financially support the stations 100 percent. But for now, that is an impossibility. Donate by visiting this link.          

      

No comments:

Post a Comment